Areas of Practice
FREE CASE REVIEW
- Probate & Wills Lawers
Probate lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
Facing the death of a loved one or caring for a terminally ill family member is often fraught with many difficult legal decisions and countless questions. Sometimes disputes regarding the last wishes of the deceased may erupt in the midst of this emotional turmoil. When a dispute interferes with the grieving process or interrupts the care required by the terminally ill, an experienced probate attorney in Fort Lauderdale can help heal the wounds of division and resolve conflicts during a very trying time.
For grieving loved ones and guardians of those who are ill or near death, a Hollywood wills, trust and probate lawyer can be instrumental in the resolution of legal disputes in a timely and effective manner. The experience of attorneys at Edward F. Holodak, P.A. will give your family and loved ones a chance to properly attend to their affairs during a time of mourning. In South Florida, including the cities of Hollywood, Davie, Fort Lauderdale and Port St. Lucie our probate, wills and trust attorneys bring 53 years of extensive experience and knowledge of probate law to help you settle your dispute.
Pursuing probate litigation in Florida
Probate litigation deals primarily with disputes that arise after the passing of a loved one. These disputes can range from contesting the will of the deceased to challenging the actions of the will's executor or personal representative frequently involving a number of family members. Probate litigation can involve recovering damages stemming from financial exploitation or undue influence over the deceased prior to the decedent's death.
Broward County Probate and Estate Statistics for 2007 
- There are only four judges in the Broward County Probate Court
- Each judge in the Broward County Probate Court took, on average, 2,107 new cases
- A total of 8,429 probate cases were filed in Broward County
- There were 4,917 probate suits brought before the Broward County courts
- There were 504 cases involving the acquisition of guardianship brought before the courts
- A total of 1,943 cases involved the control of individuals facing mental health issues
- There were 589 cases concerning the treatment of substance abuse
- There were 392 cases attributed to other social causes
Edward F. Holodak, P.A. represents clients needing legal assistance related to trusts, wills and probate cases in Hollywood, Port St. Lucie and Fort Lauderdale. For a free initial consultation regarding your case, call us today at (954) 927-3436