Areas of Practice
FREE CASE REVIEW
- Estate / Probate Litigation
Broward Estate / Probate Litigation
Facing the death of a loved one or caring for a terminally ill family member is often fraught with many difficult legal decisions and countless questions. Sometimes disputes regarding the last wishes of the deceased may erupt in the midst of emotional turmoil. When a dispute interferes with the grieving process or interrupts the care required by the terminally ill, an experienced probate litigation attorney can help heal the wounds of division at such a trying time.
For grieving loved ones and guardians of those who are ill and near death, Broward estate and probate lawyers can be instrumental in the resolution of legal disputes in a timely and effective manner, giving families and loved ones a chance to properly attend to their affairs during a time of mourning. In Broward County, including the cities of Hollywood, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale and Pembroke Pines, probate and estate litigation attorneys have extensive knowledge of estate and probate law to help you settle your dispute.
The Basics of Probate Litigation
Probate litigation deals primarily with disputes that arise after the passing of a loved one. These disputes can range from contesting the will of the deceased to challenging the actions of the will's executor, frequently involving a number of family members. Probate litigation is also involved in recovering damages stemming from financial exploitation or undue influence over the deceased prior to the decedent's death.
While probate litigation largely occurs after the death of a loved one, probate and estate litigation also concerns the affairs of the living. The acquisition of guardianship over a disabled or elderly relative is one of the branches of probate litigation, as well as the creation of living wills and the handling of disputes over powers of attorney. Broward probate and estate attorneys are a necessity to help not only individuals currently involved in a probate dispute, but can also assist those who wish to prevent any future estate disputes.
Broward County Probate and Estate Statistics for 2007
- There are only four judges in the Broward County Probate Court.
- Each judge in the Broward County Probate Court took, on average, 2,107 new cases.
- A total of 8,429 probate cases were filed in Broward County.
- There were 4,917 probate suits brought before the Broward County courts.
- There were 504 cases involving the acquisition of guardianship brought before the courts.
- A total of 1,943 cases involved the control of individuals facing mental health issues.
- There were 589 cases concerning the treatment of substance abuse.
- There were 392 cases attributed to other social causes.
Edward F. Holodak, P.A. represents estate and probate litigation clients in Broward County and its major cities and areas, including Coral Springs, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines and Fort Lauderdale.